10.03.2010

the whats what

I got to judge another beauty pagent but this one was of 2 year old girls and it was probably the most adorable thing I have seen. The girl that one was a ham and their question they had to answer was what was their name. All but two of the contestants had the right answer. I have been to more beauty pagents this year than I have even watched on tv in my life. That is how they celebrate spring here. I think it is funny because weather wise spring does not exist. There is hot which is winter and hotter like the surface of the sun with rain during summer. I wish that one year old birthday parties in the states could be half the event that they are here. Huge dance parties with clowns and so much good food and sugery treats that you can hardly control yourself. I got to celebrate two in one week. So I just got back to site I was in a training about behavior change. It was interesting and i definately learned alot about how to seriously go about getting people to change a habit. It was in Ica which is in the south of the country it was a desert but I got to go hike a sweet sand hill next to an oasis. Then I tried sandboarding which means I can check it off my list of things to do this year. it is much more pleasant to fall in sand than it is to fall in snow. but also more messy I hate when you get sand in your ear and buttcrack. It has More give but it is also a lot slower. Definately missing snowboarding or even just snow. Then we checked out a place where they make pisco which was like touring an antique vineyad because they aer still using traditional techniques. Super fun, followed by a taste testing. Got back home to the crazies of politics where today is the election that is going to decide my success or failure the upcoming year. Apparently there is still a chance that someone will be killed in my town before the night is over. Man never seen anything like this. I am starting a new dance group with some members of the old group we are looking for more freedom and participation. Which is great because I seriously miss dancing. Finishing the educational part of my healthy households and starting the evals. I will be going on a religious pilgramage on wednesday where I will be walking for four days and one of which is up a mountain. So that should give me time to reflect on life and get a chance to better know some community members. I am still working hard on the nutrition stuff I am succeeding in recuperating some kids. It is a fight with other moms. But it makes all the difference in the world. just replanted some beans and radishes. I have a tomatoe plant and rose plant. I will be trying to plant strawberries this week and am experimenting with organic fertilizers. I hope that my head does not explode in the next month, I am now experimenting with building really rustic latrines and the improved cook stoves will be in construction this month as well. I hope you all say i love you to your grand mothers as a friend of mine just lost his and it is so unfortunate. So I love you grams be well and good luck with surgery and recovery. For the moment I just feel stuck not knowing who is going to win this election. It is seriously worse than the last presidential election in the states. It is because politics decide everything here and that one person while he does have advisors really makes all the decisions and if he does not like you than your life can get complicated in the case of funding i may be needing assistance. I will let you all know in the future. I was really enjoying that the municipality was responsible for paying for these projects. That for me is progress on their part and sustainable from a developement sense. I will also be holding a meeting to see if there are families that just want to buy the stoves. I would be able to build so much more if they would buy them themselves and it would mean taht they would take better care of them too. So it would end up lasting a lot longer. Oh I got gifted a dog this morning by my boyfriend. I realize I have not brought him up until now but in november we will be completing a year. Anyways it is one of those dogs that taught us how to count on sesame street super pretty black and cute. I have a deal that I will only be keeping it for 3 months until it is not longer a puppy and then I am giving it back to him to be a guard dog. I am naming her lucy short for lucifer and he is naming her dana. He says it is a character that represents hope in the end of a process. In buddism it refers to the act of giving both are deep and pretty but for at least three months it will be lucy. Because I think i am hilarious. thats all for now. Love yall

No comments:

Post a Comment