10.28.2010

the word is patience

Lets see on a positive note i have been builiding improved cooking stoves finished the evaluation of the moms and found that they had learned a lot and changed their habits and overall their kids are a lot less sick. Wonderful. I am now teaching men that women can also do physically demanding labor, use a machete, hammer, and shovel without damaging oneself. I suppose I did that in the states a little too. Anyways the builds have been mostly fun mostly easy. Except for securing the materials has been a repeating theme. I cannot seem to get my bricks where they need to go. Which has meant me lifting a 1,000 5 lb bricks and trying to get as many as could handle on to a motocar and hauling them to various places. Which is why in the month of october i wil be gettign a nice slim figure only to destroy it in the month of december. Yes it is all good. Then there was a random rain storm that no one would have predicted which got my bricks poorly formed almost ruined and meant i could not use them for days. then the guy who was making them said that someoone had stolen the bricks that had just finally dried. geeze oh man have i been cussing up a storm. my mother keenly put it torrets lady for change. ha so truly hilarious. yesterday i went to check on the first improved stove to see if tehy had started using it turns out someone has stolen the materials that make it an improved stove instead of a plan old everyday stove. more cussing, 2 tears, lots of laughing followed by phone calls and contemplation of my lifes purpose. 2 hours later i was building another stove in another place and deciding to make it the most beautiful one i had ever made. Today i am going to build a platform for a bathroom or rather learn. these weeks have been filled will learning. overall the message keeps being wait and have patience i would like to shove all the patience i have in the mouth of the next person that says that to me and watch their heads explode with tranquility. So honestly though i am as bitter as i sound but not nearly as angry. teehee. In other news the health center is in an indefinte strike which means that i will not be able to work there until they decide to stop with that silliness. Busy planning an agricultural fair with some other authorities for the upcoming aniversary of my town, big deal. People keep saying donkey races and i keep saying i think it is a bad idea i suppose we could opt for some other animal violence if they so please but i was think more educational. the war on violence might actually nowadays be a war against entertainment. i tried teaching sex ed to the people my age in the town well organized no one showed up not surprising. best part was not even my idea they asked me to do it and then confirmed it and then still did not come. reasons why i work with individuals instead of groups so much more realiable and with better results. the party season is apparently going to be starting in full force very soon i however am going to the beach to escape the maddness. I need a vacation i do not like yelling at people even when they deserve it. so i talk with the mayor and then he yells at people. it pays to be homies with the mayor. i got gifted a rooster the otherday that was exciting. i gave back the puppy the day after i got it on account of i do not like things that keep me up at night crying. I accidently almost killed it twice once with flea powder and then another dog almost ate it. twice in 12 hours. in the 13th hour i left it in more competent hands. or at least i thought because then two days later it got stolen. confirmed i am not a dog person and i am never going to be ready to have children. apparently lots of things get stolen around here. i thought i had lost my enthusiasm but i really havent because well workng with the moms makes me happy and shows progess and makes me think i am actually making a difference. 5 months, 13 improved stoves and four bathrooms later i know i have to stay here but man yesterday it was hard to pick myself back up off the floor. life moves on if none of it matters to anyone else it matter alot to me which is really all the is important at the end of the day. the mayor told me you have to believe in your own work and abilities because perhaps no one else will but if you know what you do you will keep doing great things. and so the final word is patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment