12.12.2009

Bah

Is not just the sound that a sheep makes but also one that I make as well. Every other day is good, I do feel like there is a great amount of difference to be made if only in opening up opportunities for the youth that have completed their education but do not have a lot of job options. I am going to try to help with small business development.I have lost 8 lbs or probably more now. Combination of stress, physical labor, using my body as a means of transportation, and constant sweating. I have been sick again with quicker recovery time. I am going to perform in a parade tomorrow in the captial city with the dance group. I am excited and scared but in the good rollercoaster way. I think that my celebrity is decreasing which makes living here much easier. I have had a few really educated and encouraging conversations with members of my community in which I think I have some allies. This is an incredible opportunity. Immensely challenging but I suppose that I would not have it any other way. I am going to try these upcoming weeks to solidify some friendships though I rarely feel alone here. It is great because somehow I am communicating on a deeper level or maybe I have just gotten completely shameless. But there are definately some serious discussions about cultures, values, and beliefs going on. I am not sure if anyone has it right but I strongly believe that we are just creatures of our upbringing and if you can rebel against that then you are truely unique. And it is impossible to know you are unique within your own culture. And no one can know they are unique until they are seperated from their own society or an outsider comes in with a fresh perspective. Off to go plant some seeds, hopefully it is symbolic of growth and prosperity in the future.

1 comment:

  1. hey, i like your thinkin. I need an address for you, i'm going to send you something!

    ReplyDelete