12.26.2009

Holiday

This week was full of dancing, music, hugging, and gifting. I celebrated with the staff at the health center and with my dance group on Monday. Tuesday was the graduation of the high school. I danced with the directors, professors, and students alike. It was very fun to see so many kids completing this chapter of their lives and moving on to hopefully something bigger and better. I could not help but think about all of our graduation parties past. The difference is that everyone parties together instead of having individual parties. Wednesday and Thursday I participated in these events where you visit a smaller poorer community and give toys, hot chocolate, and fruit cake. Play with the kids or put on a little show about Christmas. Then there was Christmas Eve which during the day has no celebration until midnight. We put the baby Jesus in his crib and then everyone hugs and kisses. Followed by a turkey dinner (Which I saw killed earlier in the morning and lived in my backyard) and we gave gifts. I went to a baptism party and danced until the wee hours of the morning. Christmas day I passed working with my garden and took a trip with some family to the river nearby. I helped teach some girls how to swim. It was so relaxing laying in the ebb and flow of the current. At night another secret santa party with a youth group. Today I decided to return to the river to be one with nature and get in touch with the flow of my life. The pressure is so much less when you ride with the current than when you ride against it. It was definately a challenge spending my first Christmas away from my family. But all difficult times pass and we have to remember that the challenges contribute to our character and are necessary to reach joy. I can only hope that you all had a lovely holiday with your near and dear. I am so grateful to have all of you in my life. Your support keeps me going through the tough and rough. Even though we are far apart you are all still a major part of my life. With love.

No comments:

Post a Comment