12.06.2009

Oh My God!

Well I have been a busy bee. My site is attempting to kill me I think. The constant stress and sweating has resulted in an eight pound weight loss. I can't see it so it is probably just water. But not the less very impressive. I organized a World's AIDS day parade in which about 60 kids frolicked about the streets one dressed as a condom the rest had signs with sweet phrases. I had them all wearing the red ribbon. It was fun but a little too hot. Then I gave a talk about the mechanism of HIV within the body. I got another box of books for the library. I built two improved cooking stoves. Started a community garden and performed dance show at another town's anniversary party. My head is spinning and sometimes I feel incredibly overwhelmed and other times I think that it is very impressive I have made such progress. I realize that some people just want to learn English from me. Which is not a problem but also does not feel like a priority for me either. I am frequently riding around on my bike like a mad woman. I love zeek. Let's see I giggle because the traffic in my town is a combination of sheep, cows, goats, and dogs. People are learning that women are equal to men in strength, construction ability, and management. If I do nothing else I hope to demonstrate this fact. That women can do hard labor or physical things. That not all women need to be treated like we are delicate. I feel my work really happens in the time that I pass with people and the conversations I have. My family is still lovely they keep telling me that I need to slow down and rest. I am in agreement but we all know that my workaholic attitude tends to get the best of me. I joined a dance team and will continue performing with them in the future. I am certainly learning that stage fright is ridiculous. Everyone calls me doll. I suppose dollface has always been a nickname. It appears there are big and exciting things happening in every one's lives. Please keep me updated I love knowing what is going on and celebrating your successes. With love.

1 comment:

  1. hey kid. i found you. zeek is a good name for a mountain bike. Glad to hear you are riding your bike alot. Are you enjoying yourself? Sounds like you should be. I'm kinda jealous of you, but soon i too shall be off doing exciting and interesting things, perhaps not orgainzing aids parades and wearing condoms, and living with turkeys, although i wouldnt mind the turkeys part eventhough i'm kinda scared of birds. All sorts of things are changing here in denverland. perhaps i'll tell you. Much love. yours truely. James Mahnke.

    ReplyDelete