1.19.2010

Beginnings

So I have started teaching English four times a week to children between the ages of 8 and 16. It requires a lot of patience but is rewarding when they learn. I have so much respect for teachers their job is incredibly challenging. It rained once here I of course was out playing in it. I learned that it first rains water and then it rains insects. Literally. The ones that fly forget how to fly or something because they just start falling out of the sky or from my ceiling. Largely right now it is beatles or grasshoppers and every night I learn about another. But the rainy season still has not arrived in full blast. Which is unfortunate because the rain would really help out the garden. And because everyone talks about how all the vegetation turns this beautiful green instead of looking dried out and dead. On the list of new beginnings I have inherited 30 guinea pigs. Here they are called cuyes. I will in the future have a project breeding cuyes either to donate to families of lesser resources so that they can breed them or try to start a business selling them. First I have to get people to want to eat them. They are awkward and make silly noises I am working on naming all of them. So I continue to learn more and more things I also will be learning how to make honey too. I think with my youth group I am going to start a soap making project. Went to the river again rode my bike all the way there. My legs are definately stronger now I just have to do some push ups or something to keep the arm strength. It was nice because it is really hot right now unfortunately I got kind of burned not bad though. As for the laundry update I am improving immensely. Tomorrow there is a concert of Grupo 5 I believe I will be attending with some friends to get my dance on. It is the aniversary of a neighboring community so I may also do a dance performance tonight with my dance group. Sorry I have not eaten anything exciting or exotic lately all I know is the fruit here comes from the trees in houses and parcels you cannot beat the freshness. Sorry for being all over the place the heat is getting to me. With amor.

2 comments: