9.03.2009

Adios Pentucky!

So while it was of course lovely visiting my grams, I am certainly ready to get out of this town. I was walking in the boroughs and got royally lost because there is nothing but hills and windy roads. It was exhausting and amusing. I received my wedding rings which are gorgeous, intricate, and going into a safe for another two years. No worries not engaged, but forget the formality I am wearing them on my left hand this week since they are way too pretty to be anywhere other than my hand.

I think slowly but surely it is all sinking in that I am truly leaving. I do not feel anxiety at all which is completely out of character for me. It is so strange to know I will not see many people for years. But isn't this the nature of "growing up" in this country? Aren't we supposed to move away from our old lives in order to do something in our new lives? This is my current ponder, largely because once I figure it out I will have the decision made as to whether I should be returning to the US or staying abroad for many years to come. Boarding once again. Until the next flight.

No comments:

Post a Comment