9.29.2009

Seems like so much longer

So I feel like I have been here so much longer than I actually have. Entering week three we have had lots of sex talks and more shots and more Spanish. This past weekend was great it was my little sister’s birthday party very impressive. I felt like I was officially living here playing host to a bunch of strangers. Nonetheless very entertaining a clown, a magician, a princess, and Barney showed up. I ate a lot of sugar and then went dancing with some new friends. Much needed relaxation on Sundays. Planning on going for hikes and exploring my whereabouts more. I went to a Grupo 5 concert last night. They are this great band extremely popular here. Danced some more, smiled tons, and hung out with the locals on a Monday night. You guys should check out that band online. I find that I listen to a lot more music these days. Every Saturday I have a class at the University where I get to learn about gardening, composting, recycling, reforestation, and so much more. I am going to be an even bigger hippie upon my return. I am learning a large amount about a wide variety of things. I attend a yoga class on Monday, dance class on Tuesday, and am teaching yoga class on Wednesdays. I have spent the past few weeks testing just how brave or extroverted I could be. Attempting to interview over twenty people in a language I have yet to master about some complicated topics. I have accepted that no matter what I am a spectacle and need to use it to my advantage. Everything here is poco a poco or little by little. An excellent philosophy to adopt to prevent feeling overwhelmed. Keep on dancing ya´ll. And as a public service annocement please practice safe sex.

2 comments:

  1. so i found a pair of jelly shoes and am very happily feeling like i'm 5 again. Had to share because i thought of you the whole time i was dancing around like a small child with a new toy. Sounds like your having fun, i'm glad to hear it. Go safe sex :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you know how I love jellies. Of course I have been known to dance around as a small child. Have not been doing it as much as I would like down here as I am trying to maintain some level of professionalism or something. Also I am regretting that I did not bring down my tutu as I will be attempting a tinkerbell costume for halloween. Try no sex you better have lots for me. Two years is so long.

    ReplyDelete