9.10.2009

Curses!

Yesterday I visited D.C. for the first time. I saw the White House,
Washington Monument, and the Lincoln Memorial. We toured the
Holocaust museum. It was so solemn and intense. Sadness
radiated from these materials that bore witness to such horrifying
events. I am a few showers and comfy beds away from the third world.

I have reached the point where my nerves are officially rattled.
I am in a hotel room in D.C. with my mother who is trying her best to
reassure me. She chooses to take the don't worry you have a beautiful
face route, people are nice to pretty people. Meanwhile I appear as though
I have turret's. I figure I better get all my profanities out before attempting
to become profound. I am excited, but getting fairly nervous. I do not like
the waiting process. Once I get on the adventure or my flight lands I will
regain my sense of serenity now. I will blog as soon as I can after I arrive
to let you all know I made it. Today I go to orientation more or less. I meet
the group of people that are my bosses, my coworkers, and my new companions.
This is the first day of my new job and the next chapter of my life. Welcome to adulthood...

No comments:

Post a Comment