10.13.2009

Train Keeps on a Rolling

So adventures in summation I have official made my first local friend. I accidentally attended the viewing of a really famous singer who died last week. There was great music playing outside the National Museum for 24 hours. The floral displays were to die for ha. And I have gotten one step closer to my goal of attending a baptism, a quinceneria, a wedding, and a funeral. I have time though and I believe a wedding in the next week. Any who I later went to a stone beach and relaxed in the fresh air. Returned home showered ate went to a fiesta followed by clubbing with my cousin´s and mom until 5 a.m. Literally I do not think that people sleep here. On Monday I went to another concert outside great music dancing meeting more people. Trying my best to integrate. With some amount of success, I have improved my Spanish (which I suppose is a given). Working my way to advanced. I still run around like a crazy person with my schedule. You know you are in trouble when you have to schedule yourself into your schedule. But I love it. I did a 2 hour presentation for my health crew on breastfeeding which was a mix of English, Spanish, and boobs. It went surprisingly well, and any amount of stage fright that I used to feel I no longer have. I have reached a new degree of shameless. This week I start volunteering at the local library teaching English and doing self esteem workshops. The kids from what I heard are great so I am excited to start working with a familiar population. I think that is all for no.I was yelled at for my lack of photos so I will be working on that as well this week. Happy Birthday to the Homies.

No comments:

Post a Comment