10.06.2009

Lost in Translation

Hardly it would be more accurate to say lost in communication. I am at the pivitol moment where I cannot effectively communicate in Spanish English Spanglish. It is mostly entertaining occasionly frustrating and has the potential to be gut wrenching. And yet I feel like I need to work harder. Anywho, the update last week I met the US ambassador, went to a parade, got to see the craziest display of fireworks ever. So they have these structures called castillos that are four levels high and each one goes off with a display of fireworks and then lights the next level and so on. The last level is all the sky and releases large fireworks. There is nothing like this in the states. It is probably not safe but who cares when it looks so great. Oh I also watched a beauty pagent of teenage girls. Very interesting I find myself attending or participating in so many random things that I would probably not do at home. But event is an opportunity to learn more so I go. The girl who one totally deserved it. I visited catacombs on the weekend in a gorgeous old church. Oddly there was nothing creepy about it in my opinion. There was not even a strange gut feeling or goosebumps the way you would expect looking at tons of bones of previous people in piles. But awesome sight nonetheless. I forgot to mention I will also learn how to breed small animals like rabbits and guinea pigs. No I have not eaten one yet though I do plan on it in the future. I have eaten intestines, liver, and heart of pig, cow, and chicken. The food here is incredible. My mom wants me to go on a culinary adventure so I could not be more grateful. I also will hopefully learn how to cook from her.

2 comments:

  1. I read chicken as children.
    Andrea ate children. Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are hilarious my dear. Oddly enough there was some confusion about that one day in my language class about some other guy eating children instead of chicken. The universe is silly. I miss you darling I hope that you get around to sending me an obscene email.

    ReplyDelete